Careers Guidance for Teachers & Support Staff
Careers Guidance can:
- Inspire students by identifying a careers direction to work towards.
- Widen the student’s horizons, challenges stereotype and raises expectations.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to make a successful transition to the next stage of their life.
Careers in the Curriculum can:
CEIAG supports social mobility by improving opportunities for all young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with special educational needs and disabilities.
It is important that students leave school aware of themselves as individuals, aware of the opportunities available to them and able to make some decisions about their own life. They should be prepared for the transition from full time education to the world beyond.
Students and parents/carers are also able to make use the award winning Unifrog online careers platform in order to assist with career choices.
The Unifrog platform is designed to support learners in making the most informed decisions about their futures and has a range of tools that are suitable for all year groups. Each student has their own personal account that provides a wide range of information related to their interests and aspirations. Key features of the platform include:
- Exploring Pathways – personality quizzes, career and subject profiles, MOOCs and webinars
- Recording – self-reflection about extracurricular activities and key employability skills
- Opportunities – search tools showing live vacancies/courses/placements for apprenticeships, universities (in the UK and abroad), FE, virtual work experience and much more
- Applications – tools to help students build applications for a range of pathways (e.g., CVs, Personal Statements, Common App Essays)
All students are welcome to book a careers appointment with the schools Careers Adviser for an impartial one to one session and parents/carers are welcome to attend. Students can ask their Tutor or the school Receptionists to book an appointment and parents are invited to contact the Careers Adviser Mrs Melanie Bennett on 01425 625400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
External Support Services open for young people and parents/carers