The syllabus followed and outlined below is the Level 3 Technical Qualification VTCT Diploma in Complementary Therapies. It is based on both written theoretical knowledge and documented evidence of being able to put theory into practice.
The Diploma covers the following areas of theory and practical:
- UCT1M Business practice for complementary therapies
- UCT2M Principles and practice of complementary therapies
- UCT3M Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies
- UCT4M Provide body massage for complementary therapies
- UCT5M Provide aromatherapy for complementary therapies
- UCT6M Provide reflexology for complementary therapies
Examination arrangements and weightings
A minimum of 3 GCSE passes at grade 5 or above is preferred (which preferably should include English).
Recommended support materials and revision guides
Students must purchase a tunic and a basic list of equipment. There will also be the opportunity to attend revision workshops and tutorials evaluating and advising on their practical performance. In addition, students are encouraged to compile reference materials, read materials linked to the vocation, watch and record appropriate documentaries and if possible have access to the internet.
The course enables the student to obtain a Technical qualification in complementary therapies through a combination of class-room based study and practical experience in our realistic working environment. This new qualification is valued by employers within this area of work. The qualification will enable you to build knowledge, understanding and skills which are appropriate to many job roles within the beauty industry.