- The aim of the Physical Education Department at Arnewood is to provide the pupils with a broad balanced curriculum with continuity and progression.
- To engage our students in a lifestyle that enjoys and appreciates all aspects of a healthy active lifestyle. Students participate in an extended range of activities that progress on from KS3 ensuring good progression in performance and understanding can be achieved in a number of different activity areas.
- Students in KS4 gain a tailored curriculum in including different pathways of Performance, Leadership and Recreation.
- Students will be taught to develop, select and apply skills, evaluate their own and others’ performances as well as being shown the principles of health and fitness. They will be given the opportunity to undertake a variety of roles such as performer, coach, choreographer, leader and official.
- Students will learn how to remain healthy and fit and it is hoped they will have the confidence to pursue sports activities out of school and in later life.
Year 9, 10 and 11 PE Activities
Key assessment details:
Through key stage 4 students are assessed through practical performance and participation, based on three categories. 1. Actual performance outcomes 2. Leadership and communication 3. Knowledge and understanding of a health active lifestyle.