10 Things About Arnewood
Ten Things You May Not Know About The Arnewood School
- Over the last five years students have benefited from millions of pounds investment in building improvement.
- The next phase of our rebuild begins shortly and will provide state of the art drama and music rooms. These will complement our new science labs and maths rooms.
- In 2019 we replaced all of the school’s IT equipment with the generous support of a charitable donation.
- Our sports facilities are first rate with newly refurbished changing rooms, AstroTurf and neighbouring swimming pool.
- We have an extensive school library and employ trained librarians to kindle students’ passion for literature and independent study.
- We annually host students from across Europe, many attending for an academic year on a gifted and talented programme.
- We see education as a seven year journey including, for those who make the entry requirement, a guaranteed place in our outstanding sixth form.
- As an inclusive setting we work closely with our sister school, Eaglewood School, a new alternate provision site who support children whom otherwise would struggle in mainstream.
- Many of our teachers hold higher degrees and doctorates. We have low rates of staff turnover and the school’s senior and middle management teams offer the consistency of long-service.
- Our academic outcomes are consistently high for children whatever their starting point but we are not an academic sweat house where children are filtered out (off-rolled) to manipulate performance tables.